Re: Dynamic @action attribute on xforms:submission

On 4/20/06, Stefano Debenedetti <ste@demaledetti.net> wrote:
> John Boyer ha scritto:
> [...]
> > we have only recently decided to move our technical discussions to the
> > public list to give the community a better idea of how much stuff we work on,
>
> thank you! This sounds like excellent news to me. I am very convinced this would vastly
> benefit both the spec-writing process by the WG and the spec-grokking process by the rest
> of the community.

Me too, which is why I proposed it :)

> One question though: does this mean that when we see no technical discussion by WG
> members on the public list it is because there is no ongoing technical discussion
> whatsoever?

That's strecthing the logic :) Discussions also happen on the WG-list,
on teleconfs, at f2fs and off-list.

> By the way, when did you decide so?

March 30th I believe.

> > the prior discussions
> > of this issue containing markup examples are in the group mailing list
> > archive, not the public archive.
>
> It would be a great start if somebody with access to such material could assign
> themselves the task of publishing at least the most polished of those examples somewhere.
> Of course the easiest would be to simply make the group archive public but I am quite
> sure this won't happen for many "very serious" reasons, still some disclosure of "prior art"
> would greatly support your very welcome decision.

Well "prior art" is a big area. Let's take it as it comes? Decisions
should be reflected in the next edition of the working drafts, and
further development will happen on this list. So we will eventually
catch up.

--
... Allan