Re: Dynamic @action attribute on xforms:submission

Erik Bruchez wrote:

> All,
>
> With XForms 1.0 and 1.1 draft, it is not possible to dynamically
> specify the @action attribute on xforms:submission. However, in these
> days of REST, it is obviously necessary to be able to do that.
>
> How have implementors addressed this? The following solutions come to
> mind:
>
> o Handle @action as an attribute value template, for example:
>
>   action="http://example.org/app/{instance('my-instance')/image-name}/etc"
>
>   Benefits: very flexible; XSLT does it so we are not reinventing the
>   wheel.
>
>   Drawbacks: XForms doesn't use attribute value templates anywhere at
>   the moment. Users will expect that avt will work in other places as
>   well!
Chiba supports AVTs in its latest Core for the reasons you pointed out.
It's already common and intuitive for many XML authors.

And i agree also that this will stimulate interest of authors to have
the same in other contexts. Why? Cause it would just be so useful to
have. I would appreciate if the WG would consider and specify such an
extension.

Joern