Re: Digging through section 6.2.1 / multiple types for an element

Allan Beaufour wrote:
> I would say that anything setting the type on an element should be
> known to my control. I would expect that for implementations of the
> current spec.

You are right. 6.2.1 is saying that.

> If you are saying that we should refrain from mentioning xsi:type
> specifically in section 6.2.1, then yes. If you are saying something
> else, I'm confused :)

Yes, this is what I am saying. xsi:type has an effect on the type-MIP
only via it's meaning in the XML Schema processing. So in the list given
in 6.2.1, item 2 is a part of item 1.

Bests,
/lars

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer - StarOffice                           Sachsenfeld 4