Most efficient way for a big XForms file

From: Florian Lacoste <florian.lacoste@evidian.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:48:09 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

I'm trying to use XForms as UI for a WS, allowing the user to send
differents requests, each with differents mandatory or optional objects
and attributes.

For the UI part, I use a <xforms:switch> with <xforms:trigger> to select
which type of request must be sent. But for the model part, I wonder if
some kind of structures are better than others.

Should I use one model with several instances, one for each type of
request ? Or rather one different model for each type of request (that's
what i'm using now)? Or symply one huge model with a huge instance with
one sub-element for each  type of request, and the <xforms:submission>
chosen would select which parts must be submitted ?

Some of the attributes required are common to most requests, so there
are a lot of common elements in my cases. But even so there are not
always to be inserted in the same places in the request. Maybe if I used
only one model I could avoid repeating these portions of code with a
complex relevant attribute ?

Anyway, maybe this isn't even worse the trouble and all these solutions
are more or less equivalent, but I'd like to have the opinion of people
more experimented than I am wih XForms.

Thanks for your help.

--
LACOSTE Florian