Re: SOAPAction HTTP header

From: Allan Beaufour <allan@beaufour.dk>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:12:10 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

On Tuesday October 25 2005 18:28, Florian Lacoste wrote:
> I'm trying to access a web service using xforms. The service run on Axis
> in message mode and I'm using chiba-web for the xforms part. The
> instance I submit is the soap:Envelope with an xml request inside the
> soap:Body.
>
> It doesn't work and I think it comes from the fact that I've no
> SOAPAction header in the HTTP request sent by chiba.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way (direct or not) to specify it ?

I do not know about Chiba, but it's not standard XForms unfortunately. It's in
the working draft for XForms 1.1:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xforms11-20041115/#SOAP

That said, I'm personally not to happy about SOAP messing around on the HTTP
layer, which is the reason for this not working "out of the box".

... Allan