Re: Loading & saving documents

Hi,
 I built something similar a while back (I think), and it works fine.
didn't use a schema directly, but I suppose I could have. I built a
definition instance which could be "round tripped" if you will. I
then
built an xform to manipulate, list, load and save these files. As the
instance is saved it is processed via a servlet with xsl into an
XForm.
The initial instance data remains still part of the resulting xform.
when
the "builder xform" reloads a built form to edit it, it just loads
the
instance part of the form. modifies it and saves it back via the xsl
again. There were some other very simple servlet based interfaces for
the
xform builder to use, that provide listings of existing forms and
page
urls on which the given forms might be published in the Manifest CMS
used.

its proved a very serviceable Xforms builder. There were a few
gotchas but nothing that couldn't be overcome. Mostly they were to do
with
incorrect or wrong implementations of the Xforms spec.