RE: @number attribute on xforms:repeat

I'm actually using FormsPlayer to display a repeat within a switch, so when
I hit a "lookup" button/trigger, it toggles the repeat into view.

The repeat nodeset is based on another input in the form, of the format

<xf:repeat
nodeset="instance('data')/lookup/item[@filterby=instance('data')/filtervalue
]"

The initial value of instance('data')/filtervalue filters the nodeset based
on the attribute filtervalue, what I hoped to do was change this filtervalue
with an input, so the filtered list reduces as the user types. I suppose
what I need is along the lines of

<xf:repeat nodeset="instance('data')/lookup/item[@filterby *like*
instance('data')/filtervalue*]"

so if filteralue is empty the whole list displays, if the user types (say)
an "s" only the nodes where the @filterby value begins with "s" are
displayed, and so on.

If the values displayed contain the complete value that the user wants, he
or she can click the value in the repeat, and I can use a setvalue to
complete their input and toggle the repeat out of view again. Voila. Problem
is of course that *like* doesn't exist in xPath )c:

I'm sure it can be done somehow, if so I'll find a way, if not I'll have to
find another way (c:

RR