Re: @number attribute on xforms:repeat

From: Allan Beaufour <beaufour@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:37:57 +0100
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

2005/11/28, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>:
> Finally, on the specific questions raised in this thread: no, @number
> doesn't affect index() or setindex,

It's not specified, I'll give you that. But indirectly it must
influence setindex handling, because if you set the index to a row that
is not currently displayed my guess is that you should "scroll" the
repeat to show that row.

> and no, it can't be used for things like  paging. The latter needs to be set up by the
> form author (there are a number of examples on our site).

Why can it not be used for paging?

(I'm not looking for a big discussion -- I'm just speculating :) )

--
.... Allan