Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

From: Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:54:19 -0500
To: "Eric S. Fisher" <efisher@fsystems.com>
CC: Flinton Adam <Adam.Flinton@cfh.nhs.uk>, jeacott@hardlight.com.au, www-forms@w3.org

Actually, for the most part, both HTML forms and XForms are pretty
useless without some kind of server-side component.  Why go to the
trouble of putting together a decent form if you're only going to
manipulate it with Javascript?

I was under the impression that both form libraries were created because
it became necessary for the user to input information on a web page for
server-side programming to work with.  Personally, the only 100%
client-side uses of forms (period) I've ever seen have been insanely
basic; generally, the complicated logic is kept on the server-side.

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!