Re: Is or isn't scripting needed, was RE: XForms vs. Web Forms

Gentlemen, please!!

This looks to me as if what began as a discussion of the relative merits
of two different but related technologies has degenerated into an
either-or choose-up-your-sides flame war.  We began with carefully
constructed arguments with coding examples to illustrate points, and now
we have "yes it can -- no it can't" without any substance.  Can we cool
this off a bit?

If many of us, including Ian Hickson, can agree that both technologies
have merit, and that neither is intended to replace the other, can we all
return to adult-level discussions based on reason and examples?

I was learning a lot about these technologies from the exchanges when this
discussion started.  This last exchange is meaningless to me.

Eric S. Fisher

--
Important Note:  This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged,
undisclosed or otherwise confidential information.  If you have received