RE: XForms vs. Web Forms

I wish to comment about this.  I do want to preface this by saying that
I support your stand on xforms Eric, but I want to point something out
that you may have missed:

<begin snip>

...If this were true, Macromedia Flash, Real Player and Apple QuickTime
would also be limited this way -- and I have never heard users of any of
these technologies complain because they had to download a plug-in....

<end snip>

I would assume then that you have little customer help desk experience.
I've been doing a help desk for about 8 years, and I can tell you that
the grumbles are there.  Not only from the customer, but from the
support people as well.  Macromedia Flash is difficult to work with,
QuickTime breaks IE very easily, and Real Player is simply too
proprietary to work with easily. I for one do not like any of these
'plug-ins' and definitely want to see xforms fully integrated into the
browser.  I don't see a reason why they shouldn't, especially since xml
is already being integrated into the major browsers.

Although I haven't read the article, I can already assume that it is
highly biased and probably doesn't compare xforms favorably if they
include these other 'plug-ins' as examples.  To me, this would reflect
negatively on xforms.  I will read the article now before I speak too
far out of turn.

Thank you,

Christopher M Goodrich A+
Corporate Computing Help Desk