RE: XForms vs. Web Forms

This article is a little dated now. My take on this is there is no real
"winner" except that DHTML may have longer shelf life than the XForms
community may like it to have. (i.e. where are the tools to help people
migrate? As Steve Pemberton put it at an IBM conference, XForms is based
declarative programming a major shift to current approaches)

Worth you looking at:
http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/
<http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/>

Specifically section 1.5 which states:
"This specification is in no way aimed at replacing XForms 1.0 [XForms]
<http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#refsXForms#refsXForms>
, nor is it a subset of XForms 1.0.
XForms 1.0 is well suited for describing business logic and data
constraints. Web Forms 2.0 aims to simplify the task of transforming
XForms 1.0 systems into documents that can be rendered on HTML Web
browsers that do not support XForms.
In this transformation model, the XForms processor is a server-side
process that converts XForms and XML Schema documents, according to the
XForms specification, into HTML and Web Forms documents, which are then
processed by the client side Web Forms processor, along with a style
sheet for presentation."
As per my last posting there are a number of languages on the market,
and as Gerald pointed out to me - at least 12 open source XML based UI
languages.
I believe there are issues related to "business complexity" that have
yet to be resolved by forms languages which aim to solve "form
development complexity"

Regards....................D
Dharmesh Mistry
CTO, edge IPK
E: dharmesh@edgeipk.com
M: 07789 222 015

Newbury Office                   T  +44 (0) 1635 231 231    F  +44 (0)
1635 569 371
This message may contain information which is confidential or
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a
copy.

edge IPK Limited
Registered office - 9 Wardle Avenue, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG31
6JR
Registered in England No. 4286817