Re: Well formed XForms

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:03:15 -0800
To: Steve Brimley <steve.brimley@toplev.com>
CC: www-forms@w3.org

It's important to get the terminology right. I'm not sure if this is a
legal XForm or not, but it certiankly looks well-formed. Well-formedness
refers exclusively to syntactic constraints such as each end-tag being
properly matched with a start-tag. A document can be incorrect and still
well-formed.

That said, this example does appear to be incorrect since there's an
input element with no label child. Whether it's valid or not depends on
other details in the instance you haven't shown us. But unless I didn't
notice a missing quote or some such, the example is well-formed.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold