RE: XForms Myths Exposed - By Ian Hixie (Opera)

Hi all.

I've been "lurking" on the list for quite some time now because I'm
wanting to find another way to interface with my xml files that display
on my web pages.  The reason I've been just sitting tight is primarily
because implementing something new here takes a while, and I don't have
the time to spare on something that isn't going to work with our
currently implemented technology.  I'm hoping the technology will get
there (we have adopted Mozilla/Firefox on some platforms), but it's not
there yet.

The main reason I'm piping up now is this Myth list leaves me with
really cold feet, but I'm not ready to just give up yet.  Since I have
not actually sat down to code anything in xforms yet, can someone give
me a laymans explanation of what this means?  I might have to get
technical with the details of what I'm trying to do, but the simple
explanation is I'd like a web-based interface to update, add, and delete
records in a custom xml file residing on our corporate web server that
has access restrictions.  Currently we are using Infopath in the Office
2003 suite to do this (I hate this option).  So can anyone explain if
these myths seem to bring my hopes crashing down, or whether I should
just hang on?

Thank you,

Christopher M Goodrich A+
Corporate Computing Help Desk