RE: modal and modeless windows

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@XEROX.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:14:18 -0700
To: "Karl Pongratz" <karlhp@karlhp.com>, "Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>, <whatwg-whatwg.org@lists.whatwg.org>, <dean@w3.org>

This use case is exactly why browsers allow XForms controls inside
One minor quibble is that the message is not a different XForms
document, but is part of the same host document (XHTML probably), and
operates on the same model.
You can use xf:duplicate from Xforms 1.1 to implement the undo/cancel
button, to save away a copy of the data before and restore it on cancel.
Or you can save away a copy of the data on open of the xf:message,
operate on it, and copy it back on save.
Your choice!