From: Erik Bruchez [mailto:erik@bruchez.org]
Sent: 15 July 2005 22:12
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Is the index() function allowed in binds?

All,

Is the index() function allowed in binds?

The only problem I see is that technically, controls are not initialized
until after model initialization (which makes sense in general). But
repeat indexes can be determined statically by looking at the
"startindex" attribute on the xforms:repeat elements, so the
index() function can definitely be made to work in bind/@calculate, for
example.

Is this mandated / allowed / disallowed by the spec?

-Erik

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.