Schema -> XForms

From: Christopher Clark <cclark@genesecurity.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:09:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

I want to be able to take a schema and automatically
generate forms that enable a web user to generate
instances of the schema.

I know that tools such as Microsoft InfoPath and
XFormation have wizards that guide a developer through
the process of creating a web form based on a Schema,
but this is not enough for me - I want to take the
Schema and in effect compile it into a form without
any human guidance.

My guess is that tools to help me in this way do not
exist - my current approach, which seems to be
working, is to use some recursive Java code to parse
the schema using the JDOM library and to generate an
XForms document.  XForms seems like the right
language, since it uses XML as its native language and
allows me to generate pages with dynamic behavior
without having to generate scripting language.  But I
want to make sure that I'm not reinventing the wheel
here, and that there aren't existing tools that
already do similar things.

Thanks,

Chris Clark