Re: XULRunner Does XForms - XForms Calculator Demo Now Live

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:18:43 -0700
To: www-forms@w3.org

Gerald Bauer wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   Allan Beaufour - who works on Mozilla's XForms support - reports in
> the latest XForms Status Update:
>
>  XForms now works in pure XUL context (bug 302915 and bug 302914).
> Here's the calculator running as a XULRunner application.
>
>   More @
> http://www.beaufour.dk/blog-archives/2005/08/xforms_status_u_18.html
>
>   Any comments? Any thoughts?

I believe the main potential of XForms is within the browser, but this
is cool nonetheless and it is nice to see that the Mozilla team is
making progress! A solid XForms 1.0 implementation for Firefox will be a
huge step forward for XForms.

I wish Opera and Safari made a similar decision. If they had spent on
XForms the energy spent on Web Forms 2.0, they would be ready to ship an
XForms 1.0 implemention by now.

-Erik