WG: How can a text file be uploaded by XForms?

Mark

> Can I just check that I understand the issue? Are you saying
> that you want
> to upload the file 'as is'? That is, you don't want to see it
> to be stored
> in a binary or hex format?

I want see it in my instance as like as the content of the file, which
has been uploaded, for example:

I have a file, which contains following text data:
<xx>
	<YY/>
	<ZZ/>
</xx>
If I submit the form, I want to have the following instance:
<request>
	<description>
		<xx>
		<YY/>
		<ZZ/>
		</xx>
	</description>
</request>

> By the way, once the data is copied in, are you then going to
> submit it to a
> server? Or are you going to do something else. I ask only to try and
> understand what you are trying to do, in case there is
> another way round it.

First I want to create respective XML instances, and to save it into
local file system, how I am going as following
<xf:submission method="put" action="file:C:/result.xml"/>
It works well. But If I try to use http in
action="http://localhost/result.xml" method="put", I will get the HTTP
Error message that resource(?) isn't permitted(?)

Second I want to send the created XML instance to a particular XML Web
Services, which is installed on tomcat server. I've tried <xf:submission
method="post" action="http://localhost:8080/CART"/>, but it hasn't also
gone ;-((

> (For example, a quick resolution would be to use an XPath
> extension function
> to 'unencode' the base64 data back to text. A bit
> long-winded, I know, but
> it may address your issue for now.)

hi, good idea, but I am new by XPath, Could you point me according to?

Kianoush