From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Robert Bateman
Sent: 22 March 2004 18:41
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Debugging forms

Greetings all.

I've been having a discussion today with an associate who uses XML a lot.
During our conversation, I rambled on about the difficulties I've been
having
while I'm both learning XPath and XForms and writing a form.

One of the difficulties I'm having is "debugging" my various XPath
expressions.  One of the errors I get a LOT is my instance data not being
"valid." This error means I can't write even invlid XML to look at and
"fix."

I realize I'm quite stuck in my ways (I've been programming for over 22
years.) and some habits (like debugging) are hard to break.  What I'm hoping
for is a little advice from the "experts" on the list as to better ways to
debug using XForms and XPath.  (Please note that I've looked at XFormation
and found that, while its a great tool, I can't get it to work for me....)

Thanks much for your time!

Bob Bateman
Software Developer
Sequoia Group LLC