From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Dharmesh Mistry
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 4:12 AM
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Client Side Session management

We have been deploying web applications for a number of years now. Where
possible we have adopted standards, how for transactional web based
applications we have had to question the standard "CGI" model.

One thing we think that would be of massive benefit is client side session
data (more than just cookies) support. Such that data can be held in the
memory of the client. This would enable not having to write code to
repopulate forms. Also would overcome the constant issue of Browser back
buttons picking up cached forms (which then have to be expired so the server
can represent the data).

Is this issue being addressed by XForms / W3C ?

Dharmesh Mistry
Chief Operating and Technology Officer, edge IPK
E dharmesh@edgeIPK.com
M +44 (0)  7789 222 015

Newbury Office                   T  +44 (0) 1635 231 231    F  +44 (0) 1635
569 371
This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a
copy.

edge IPK Limited
Registered office - 9 Wardle Avenue, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG31 6JR
Registered in England No. 4286817