Alerting the user when there is a submission error?

From: Thompson, Bryan B. <BRYAN.B.THOMPSON@saic.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:04:33 -0400
To: "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>

Hello,

I am trying to work my way through the various specifications and
figure out how (at least) one way in which to trap a submission
error and inform the user that there was a problem.  It seems like

<xf:model id="entry-model">

  <xf:message level="modal" ev:event="xforms-submit-error">

  Your data was NOT accepted by the server!

  </xf:message>

</xf:model>

might be approximately the idiom that I need, but this is not
working on the platform I am using, so I am unsure if this is
correct.

Thanks,

-bryan