proposal: size and date attributes for upload

From: Joern Turner <joern.turner@chibacon.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:08:17 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello,

while working on an XForms integration on a browser client we
encountered a potential hole in the spec of the upload control. The
current XForms 1.0 specification does not provide a way to signal the
size and date of an upload. The size (or length) of the uploaded data
may often be of interest to the user. the same applies to the date (or
timestamp - i'm not tied to the names here).

We've worked around this with custom XPath extension functions but it
would be nice to have it in the standard.

If there are reasons why this is not part of the spec please enlighten
me. Thanks.

Joern Turner
- Chiba project admin -

Chibacon Lissť/Turner GbR