[XForms] XForms 1.1 Requirements

From: Roman Huditsch <roman.huditsch@hico.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:08:34 +0100
To: <XForms@yahoogroups.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>
Hi,

I've just read the "XForms 1.1 Requirements" document.
Well, since I was busy implementing a rather sophisticated application last year,
where XForms was used for UI purposes,
I was wondering if there have been any thoughts about providing a simple translation mechanism.
Changing the current language of the user interface provided was quite a tricky topic,
because our customer didn't want to have multiple forms for the same purpose in different languages nor
did he want to use the switch mechanism, which would also mean to duplicate large amounts of language-independant code.
Therefor we had to implement own extension-elements like:

<xforms:item>

    <xforms:label class="label">is replaced</xforms:label>

    <xforms:extension>

        <hico:translate iso="de-DE" label="wird ersetzt" hint="" value="" />

    </xforms:extension>

    <xforms:value>true</xforms:value>

</xforms:item>

Since that is quite much typing work, too, I would like to know if there will be a simplier way to do that in Version 1.1 of XForms.
Thank you very much.

with best regards,
Roman

Mag.(FH) Roman Huditsch (hRHU )
Developer .:. Information & Application Engineering
hico Informations- und Kommunikations-Management Gesellschaft m.b.H.
TechLab, Thomas A. Edison Straße 2.
A-7000 Eisenstadt / Austria
phone: +43/2682/704-61-73; fax: +43/2682/704-71-61-10
e-mail: roman.huditsch@hico.com
mobile: +43/664/4102715