RE: Microsoft and XForms

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:58:45 +0000 (UTC)
To: "Chalker, Dean" <Dean.Chalker@intelliwhere.com>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Chalker, Dean quoted Robert Scoble:

>| We're not a charity. We are investing billions of
>| dollars in our technology and our shareholders want a
>| return on investment.

For the record, that was originally from:

   http://www.longhornblogs.com/scobleizer/archive/2003/10/22/345.aspx

A nice summary of why it makes no sense for Microsoft to implement CSS,
HTML, DOM, XForms, etc. This also explains why their HTML/CSS rendering
engine will, as I understand it, be seeing no improvements in Longhorn/IE7
-- they have nothing to gain by improving their standards support.