Microsoft and XForms

From: Dharmesh Mistry <dharmesh@edgeipk.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:03:28 -0000
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

Yesterday I was at the Microsoft Conf where Bill Gates previewed Longhorn
the next version of windows.

When the architects behind Avalon presented this component a question was
raised about supporting UI standards such as XForms. The answer was at this
stage MS needed to provide more than the standards offered, so they were
going ahead with using XAML (XML Application Markup Language).

My interpretation to this is MS is not going to support XForms unless there
is a benefit to them, rather than for the benefits of the standard.

Does this group agree? If so what does it mean for XForms?

regards.................Dharmesh