RE: Réf. : RE: Sort

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:01:20 -0000
To: "'Dominique ARNOU'" <dominique.arnou@edfgdf.fr>
Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>

Hi Dominique,

> Thanks for your response, but I don't know where is the library for
this
> function, how add it in my configuration ? Can you explain that ?

There is no general way to add functions. The only thing the spec says
is that if your form requires a function, you can make sure that the
XForms processor you are using either supports it or halts processing,
by putting its name into @functions on xf:model:

    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice7.html#expr-extension>

Whether that function will actually exist on any particular processor or
not is going to be implementation specific. I can only speak for
formsPlayer, and our technique for adding functions for use in XPath is
to use COM. If you were to develop a sorting algorithm with COM
interfaces (perhaps in C++ or even JavaScript) then you could add it to
formsPlayer as outlined here:

<http://www.formsplayer.com/community/howto/howto-XPath-functions.html>

It would then be made available to your XPath expressions.

(I'm sure other implementers will post details on how to add XPath
functions to their particular processors.)

> Where can I find generic help for these extension functions
(HTMLserialize,
> bubble,...) ?

HTMLserialise() is a formsPlayer specific function used to dump the
contents of an instance in a 'viewable' way - handy for debugging.
bubble() was just a name I made up as an illustration to answer your
question.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck