Re: A note on <bind /> (similar to <group />)

From: Subramanian Peruvemba (PV) <subramanian.peruvemba@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:22:03 -0800
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: "'David Landwehr'" <dlandwehr@novell.com>, www-forms@w3c.org, Leigh.Klotz@pahv.xerox.com

Hi Mark,
> I don't want to speak for Leigh here, but I think he raised it to say
> 'here is something that the spec allows, but since no-one has mentioned
> it before, has it been consistently implemented?'.

I agree, he has brought up a valid point.
To summarize I think all the following are valid
    - <bind/>
    - <bind readonly="true"/>
    - <bind nodest="a"/>

And I think implementation (not sure) support the above (i.e. do not
throw an error)

But what do the above mean?

 From you response, I believe you think
   <bind/> and <bind nodeset="."/> are the same.

and probably is true in case of bind element. I am simply stating this
may not be universally true for all elements that support model binding
attributes.

(Also do not like the exception becoming the rule, by saying no
ref/nodeset on an element is same as having ref="." or nodeset=".")

PV