RE: A note on <bind /> (similar to <group />)

group has uses other than setting context node, which means that it does not
need to have ref, model, or bind.

1. The definition in the first sentence of 9.1.1 The Group Element is
  The group element is used as a container for defining a hierarchy of form
controls.
Note that group is used to group form controls for navigation with
xforms-next and xforms-previous actions

2. Also in 9.3.2, it states that <repeat>...</repeat> implies an anonymous
<group>...</group>
and explicitly gives the example showing the <group>...</group> with no ref,
bind, or model attribute.

3. The host language class attribute is also frequently used on group,
though host languages may provide other containers that don't have any
navigational behavior associated with them.

You may find it more explicit to say <group ref="." /> and it is a good idea
for authors to write in some cases.
But explicitness is in some cases verbosity, and in this case the recursive
composition rules already say what to do.

think, separate from <group> which is already decided and <bind>, which I
point out is underspecified.
<group> is a container, by definition (9.1.1), and <bind> is a container by
definition as well.

Leigh.