Re: Sun Demonstates comprehensive XForms support in OpenOffice/StarOffice

From: Daniel Vogelheim <Daniel.Vogelheim@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:20:20 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello all,

Here's a Christmas present for those interested in OpenOffice.org /
StarOffice XForms support:

There is now a publicly available download available at

(version 1.9.m65 or later). The functionality is available through the
menu (File -> New -> XML Form), and then mostly through the forms
toolbar(s). Please note that this is a 'snapshot' build, which is not
production or even beta quality. It should allow you to get a good
impression of what we are planning for the next version, though.

If you would like to report bugs or provide feedback, you can use
OpenOffice.org's bugtracker at
or contact me directly. If you wonder whether a particular problem is
already known, you could query for either 'eforms' (that's what we call
the relevant child workspaces / branches) or 'XForms' in the issue title.

Have fun with it, and let me know what you think!

Daniel Vogelheim