RE: W3C XForms vs Alternative XML UI Language Formats

From: Gerald Bauer <luxorxul@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:38:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello,

> Well said Mark! -- Or to coin a phrase,
> many of the other XML "UI languages" are only
> screen-deep.

  Thanks Mark for the clarification. I do not want to
belittle the achievement of the W3C XForms language
and architecture.

  I understand that W3C XForms is more than a simple
mapping of tags and attributes to a single-vendor UI
toolkit. I'm sorry if anyone feels that calling XForms
another XML UI language is an insult. If you have a
better generic term for all XML UI languages
(including XForms) please let me know.

  - Gerald

Gerald Bauer
Open XUL Alliance - A Rich Internet For Everyone |
http://xul.sourceforge.net
XUL News Wire | http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.xul.announce