RE: Defining "onClick"-Events in XForms Controls

From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:10:41 +0100
To: 'Roman Huditsch ' <roman.huditsch@hico.com>
Cc: "'www-forms@w3.org '" <www-forms@w3.org>

Roman,

First, I have to apologise because I treated your email as if it was
directed to our Yahoo! list, and therefore assumed it related to formsPlayer
- hence the confusion!

> But given your example for calling my script, I could not find
> any reference to a for or event attribute in the XHTML specification
> as you used them in for example.

That's because it's part of Internet Explorer. The formsPlayer compnent
makes its events available to any containing application, and since script
(with @for and @event) is just one way that IE can register for these
events, it works easily with fP.

A more generic solution is coming soon, called XML Handlers, which David
refers to in a separate email. We will be implementing that when we have a
few other things out of the way. It's not disimilar to the IE script element
though, but has better fall-back facilities.

Sorry again for the confusion!

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck