New to XForms - having difficulty

From: Allen.P.Holtz <allen.p.holtz@nasa.gov>
Date: 23 Sep 2003 10:48:25 -0400
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

   I'm relatively new to XForms and I am having some difficulties with
submitting a form.  I have a form that I would like to submit once the
user has entered the data.  The problem is, I'm not sure how that
happens.  I think my problem is on the web server.

   First, in the model I am defining the submission.  It looks something
like this:

<xform:submission action="request" id="submit1" method="post"/>

Initially, it appeared that the action attribute was defining a file on
the web server that would be executed upon submission by the user.
After I read the specs I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.  The
method attribute is the method of submission.

Later on in my document I have the following:

   <xform:submit>
      <xform:label>Submit Scenario</xform:label>
   </xform:submit>

When I try this, I get an error.  What kind of file is this request file
that is listed in the action attribute?  Also, am I on the right track?
All I want to do is get the XML data into a file for now.  Later I want
to pipe it in to an application.

Thanks,

Allen