From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2001@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 12:50 AM
To: tvraman@almaden.ibm.com
Cc: www-forms@w3.org; XForms@yahoogroups.com; bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com
Subject: XForms Security (Was: saving submitted XML locally)

In a message dated 23/10/2003 21:56:35 GMT Daylight Time, tvraman@us.ibm.com
writes:

Use file:// URI to save it to local storage?

writes:
  DuCharme,> If I want to save the XML submitted by my XForm as
  DuCharme,> a local disk file, I suppose I could run Tomcat
  DuCharme,> and point submission/@action to a CGI running on
  DuCharme,> http://localhost:8080/whatever, but I'm wondering
  DuCharme,> if anyone knows a leaner way to do it.
  DuCharme,>
  DuCharme,> thanks,
  DuCharme,>
  DuCharme,> Bob

--
Best Regards,
--raman

TV,

What do you consider to be the security implications of the use of file:///
URLs in XForms?

Do you consider that adequate safeguards are in place to prevent any chance
of malicious exploits?

Andrew Watt