RE: saving submitted XML locally

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@pahv.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:51:12 -0700
To: "'DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO)'" <bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com>, "'www-forms@w3c.org'" <www-forms@w3c.org>

Are you asking as a user or as an implementor?
As a user,
<submission action="file://locahost/foo.xml" method="put" /> "may" write to
a local file, but support is not required as part of conformance (i.e., it
is not a "must".)
If you're just looking for a quick test harness, many of the XForms
processors appear to support it.
As an implementor there are some subtleties regarding use of the file: URI
scheme with other methods that are mentioned in the spec.

Leigh.