From: T. V. Raman [mailto:tvraman@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 6:30 PM
To: Borgrink, Susan
Cc: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Switch and multiple models

what you want in the case of model-based switching is to use
XForms property "relevant".
UI construct <switch> does interaciton-based switching,
i.e. cases toggle on and off based on UI events, not model
events.

For what you want -- place related controls inside a group --and
use model property relevant so that when that property becomes
true during form fill-in, the relevant portion of the UI shows
up.

    Borgrink,> I was looking through the spec and reading through
    Borgrink,> Micah Dubinko's "Xforms Essentials" to understand
    Borgrink,> the switch module better.  I have a couple of
    Borgrink,> questions I can't seem to find the answers to:
    Borgrink,>
    Borgrink,> 1) Can the case statements of a switch module be
    Borgrink,> bound to a model?  If so, is it possible to have
    Borgrink,> each case statement within a switch bound to a
    Borgrink,> different model?
    Borgrink,>
    Borgrink,> 2) Can the controls inside of a case statement be
    Borgrink,> mixed?  Meaning if the case statement has three
    Borgrink,> controls, the first be bound to model 'One', the
    Borgrink,> second to model 'Two', and the third to model
    Borgrink,> 'Three'.  Or would all the controls of one case
    Borgrink,> statement have to be bound to the same model?
    Borgrink,>
    Borgrink,> Thanks, Susan

--
Best Regards,