From: Francisco Monteiro [mailto:francisco.monteiro01@ntlworld.com]
Sent: 10 October 2003 08:51
To: XForms@yahoogroups.com; www-forms@w3.org
Cc: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net
Subject: RE: [XForms] Re: Will Internet Explorer support XForms

Hello Andrew

You mention this InfoPath (which does more than XForms per se does)

I do not believe the above.

My company evaluated InfoPath and XForms (FormsPlayer) with a view of providing the Inland Revenue Self Assessment tax return.

XForms won hands down. We have a very good demo showing XForms in it gory.

Everybody knows providing any forms which deals with tax issues is complicated, granted that InfoPath has a good IDE but in our situation we use 'reflection' on the schema and build 80% of the UI dynamic, it could be 100% but laws of ergonomics and 'real estate' will never make this achievable.

The beauty about XForms is the simplicity of its model bindings, a quite readable specification and FormsPlayer.

Kind Regards

Francisco Monteiro

Director

Facile Technology Ltd.