From: Mike Shupe [mailto:MShupe@AnyDocSoftware.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 11:20 AM
To: 'www-forms@w3.org'
Subject: Will Internet Explorer support XForms

I am curious.

It seems to me that the value of XForms depends heavily on its being
supported by the browsers. However, I have not heard any indication that
Microsoft intends to support XForms in IE. They don't mention it anywhere on
their site. Furthermore, they are not complying with it in their InfoPath
product which suggests to me that XForms and InfoPath are competing.  That
is, Microsoft will probably have a vested interest in NOT supporting XForms.
This concern was further confirmed after reading about Microsoft's lack of
interest in fixing CSS bugs in IE.

At the same time, I don't find anybody expressing concern about this in any
of the XForms sites or forums.

Am I missing something?

Michael Shupe
Project Leader