Re: XForms - "Suspend and resume support"

From: G <gordongano99@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:33:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com, www-forms@w3.org
Cc: XForms@YahooGroups.com

Is XForms meant to be a general-purpose and powerful
forms implementation, or a replacement for HTML forms?
I don't think it can be both. We've already had
several complaints that XForms 1.0 is way more
complicated to understand than HTML forms. Trying to
add everything necessary to make XForms compete with
full-featured forms packages will make it even more
incomprehensible for simple XHTML uses. (Just trying
to make sense of the bubble/capture/target/observer
stuff from XML Events is harder than understanding the
entirety of HTML forms.)