[Fwd: Test case chapter4/016.xml]

From: Michael N. Lipp <mnl@mnl.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 20:07:28 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org
I've sent the message to the test suite mailing list, but this list
doesn't seem to (not only did I get no response ;-) but my mail didn't
appear in the archive).

Can anybody comment on the test case I refer to below? I think the test
case is wrong...

  - Michael

attached mail follows:

Hi,

I think test case chapter4/016.xml is wrong. It assumes that instance
data is created for a form control because the already existing instance
(arbitrarily) matches the root element created if no instance exists
(<instanceData/>).

I cannot derive this behaviour from 4.2.5 of the spec. I think
chapter4/016.xml obviously matches the case "If the instance referenced
on the form control existed when the first
xforms-form-control-initialize event is processed: ...".

  - Michael