Re: F.Y.I. You may be interested in this Adobe announcement.

From: Gerald Bauer <luxorxul@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:05:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

> Adobe have anounced further XML support via XDP (XML
> Data Package).
> Read the announcement at:
> .html

  Thanks for posting the link. I've written up a story
for the XUL News Wire titled "Adobe Announces XDP (XML
Data Package)".

  Here's my take on it:

  I just stumbled over an Adobe press release that
outlines Adobe's new XML form strategy called XDP (XML
Data Package).
  It looks like XDP is Adobe's name for a chrome-like
jar holding:
  * XML form data
  * XML form templates
  * XML config information
  * other XML information such as metadata, digital
signatures, schemas, etc.
  * and hold your breath - base64 encoded PDF

  Evidently, Adobe wants you to lock-in into their own
PDF format and Adobe Acrobat family.

  Adobe seems to support W3C's XSL-FO, however, only
on the server to let you create - you guessed it - PDF
documents for Adobe Acrobat Reader.

  Full story @

  - Gerald