XForms, HLink and modularizing XHTML 2.0 docs

From: Sasso, John J (Research, Logic Technology Inc.) <sasso@research.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:34:36 -0400
To: "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>

I have a master XHTML 2.0 doc (master.html) that I'd like to modularize such
that it embeds 4 sub-docs via HLinks, all of which are XHTML 2.0, e.g.

	<head>
	   <hlink:hlink namespace="http://www.acme.org/work"
	     element="doc1" locator="@dlink" effect="embed" actuate="onLoad"
	     onSuccess="processChildren" onFailure="fail" />
	   <hlink:hlink namespace="http://www.acme.org/work"
	     element="doc2" locator="@dlink" effect="embed" actuate="onLoad"
	     onSuccess="processChildren" onFailure="fail" />
	</head>
	   <h2> Data Input: </h2> <br/>
	   <doc1 dlink="/docs/input_form.html" />
	   <h2> Data Output: </h2> <br/>
	   <doc2 dlink="/docs/output_form.html" />

The sub-docs are forms implemented w/ XForms.  The reason for the modularity
is for reuse, i.e., there will be a good number of such master docs that may
include some/all of the sub-docs, so if I want to change the style of the
input form, I can just modify the single sub-doc (input_form.html) instead
of every single master doc.   (BTW, if there is a better way to achieve this
modularity aside from HLinks, I'd like to know)

PROBLEM:  My understanding is that XForms requires an <xforms:model> section
in a doc's <head>, to describe what the forms do.  If I have to do this in
the master doc, this ends up defeating the intention of modularity I am
trying to achieve.  I'd prefer to have such descriptive sections in the
sub-docs themselves.

Any advice to help me out of this dilemma?

---john