From: Rob Bull [mailto:rob.bull@blackdog.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 12:29 PM
To: www-forms@w3.org; Jagannayakam
Subject: Re: xforms processors

Jagan,

I haven't used any of the server side processors, but on the client side
have used "FormsPlayer" (http://www.FormsPlayer.com/) with some excellent
results, and am currently working with an in-house ActiveX dll written as a
client side component (written in VB it uses the IE "HTC" architecture and
therefore sits very comfortably with style sheets, and can easily be
customised for non-compliant extensions to the xForm specification).

It is my belief that client side processing makes better use of the xForm
features such as relevance checking and instance validation with schema
without "bothering" the server. I don't fully understand why so many
companies put more processing power on every desktop than  NASA used to get
to the moon, then overload a couple of servers with all their applications.

We are currently testing a pre-release version of a drag and draw xForm
compliant forms designer, some details of which and some screen-shots can be
found at http://www.blackdog.co.uk

Best Regards

Rob