Multiple instance elements and default for binding

From: Michael N. Lipp <mnl@mnl.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:54:41 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

can anybody please give me a hint where the specification defines the
behaviour of using the single node binding attribute "ref" without using
"instance('xyz')" in the path expression if the model has multiple
instance children?

One obvious choice would be to use the first instance element in the
model. Another could be to try to match the path against all instance(s)
until a match is found. This, I assume, would have been mentioned in 7.3
"Evaluation Context", so I doubt that this is intended. But I couldn't
find confirmation of the first alternative neither...

Thanks

  - Michael