Re: Question

Hi,

I think you can get around a lack of browser support right now by doing
the following:

1. Have forms designers design form templates with their favorite
design tool
2. Add custom fields and attributes that are _not_ part of XHTML, but
that bridge the gap between XHTML and Xforms (as far as forms are
concerned). For example, one attribute that could be added to a field
is 'required="true"'.
3. When the form is requested, a server-side processor grabs the form
template, strips the invalid tags (substituting them with JavaScript
where possible/necessary/appropriate) and displays the XHTML-compliant
form.
4. When the user submits the form, the processor reads the XHTML
template on the server and applies the necessary missing logic.

I've been thinking about ways to do this for most of my professional
career and it seems to me that XSLT will play a key role (it can
transform the non-XHTML template on the fly, and back again, doing some
of the form validation along the way, it could probably even prepare
SQL statements if enough info is supplied in the template).

Does this seem like a good/bad idea to those of you on this list?

Ted Stresen-Reuter
http://www.tedmasterweb.com/