XForms for Server Side?

From: Robert Simmons <derisor@arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:46:22 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Greetings,

I recently encountered someone who asserted that XForms is for the client side
only. I dont know exactly how to refute him since a lot of XForms is client side
stuff.

Consider the events mechanism for example. If the event takes place on a web
page, then it is all client side.

The assertion is that for applications that use client/server model, XForms is
not appropriate. Can anyone give me ammo to refute this?

-- Robert