Re: [XForms] XForms - Is offline forms completion possible?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:07:23 EDT
To: XForms@yahoogroups.com
CC: www-forms@w3.org
monteiro@tiscali.co.uk writes:

> Yes it possible to this, for local use 'put' and for the other normal submit
> support.
> Obviously you have to write the XForms to start up with something like
>
> Load previously saved form or new instance.
>
> I have used this and works like a treat in FormsPlayer.
>
> Kind Regards
> Francisco

Hi Francisco,

Yes, to achieve that the XForms 1.0 author would need to explicitly code that
in each form with suspend and resume capability.

In InfoPath you just do a File | Save. You can add pieces of data then save
again. Then, when you are ready, you submit.

In InfoPath it's just nice and transparent to the user. I guess it is part of
InfoPath's added value over XForms 1.0 for the time being.

Andrew Watt