XForms - "Suspend and resume support"

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 04:06:20 EDT
To: www-forms@w3.org, XForms@yahoogroups.com

On
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/
one of the "Key Goals" of XForms is stated to be "Suspend and Resume"
support.

Is this a key goal for XForms 1.0? Or for a later version?

I may be missing a moderately obvious approach somewhere, but it isn't
obvious to me that an XForms 1.0 "form" actually captures all the necessary
data to allow suspend and resume.

Or is this another scenario where some process external to XForms is to
provide the functionality.

I tried saving a partly filled-in form in X-Smiles. It saved the form
apparently happily but choked when trying to reload it.

Eager for clarification. Open to be educated.

Andrew Watt