XForms and Routing Scenarios

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:52:48 EDT
To: XForms@yahoogroups.com, www-forms@w3.org

My question here may be partly as a result of the terminology difficulties
about what is (or is not) a "form" when XForms is around.

Using XForms "alone" what routing scenarios are supported?

Is it possible to route an XForms "form" if there is such a thing without
relying on some outside technology to do/control the routing?

If the answer is "Yes" to the latter question, can anyone share with me an
example (either on or off list) so I can get this clearer in my mind.

The kind of scenario I have in mind is the employee applying for leave,
routing a form to his/her manager who then routes the "form" to Human
Resources. Which aspects of that process will XForms support?

I am asking partly because I am exploring InfoPath at the moment. It seems to
me that it does a number of things that XForms 1.0 won't be able to do, or
won't be able to do in ways that are (presently) obvious to me.

Andrew Watt