Re: XForms I18n

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:29:39 EDT
To: ivelin@apache.org
CC: XForms@yahoogroups.com, www-forms@w3.org
In a message dated 20/04/2003 14:11:10 GMT Daylight Time, ivelin@apache.org
writes:

> Is there a public document describing which XForms controls are localizable
> and how implementations should behave?
>
> The last mention of the subject I found was here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2002May/0000.html

Ivelin,

There are specific comments in the XForms Candidate Recommendation about <
xforms:input> and <xforms:output> that they should "take into account"
localisation and internationalisation issues.

What that actually means is not obvious to me.

The page at http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/ specifies liaison with the I18n
WG. The i18n area got a new staff member and is beginning to put out
documents, e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-i18n-guide-framework-20030417/.
So things are progressing at one level.

If the new XForms Charter was publicly accessible there may be useful hints
there. Unfortunately,
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/Group/2003/xforms-wg-charter.html is still
available to W3C members only.

I guess you need an XForms WG member to respond on this one.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Andrew Watt